The Law Society of Singapore (LSS)
The Law Society of Singapore, established in 1967, is the representative body for all lawyers in Singapore. Our membership includes advocates and solicitors with practising certificates, non-practitioner members and Honorary members elected by Council.
The Law Society's mission is to serve its members and the community by sustaining a competent and independent Bar which upholds the rule of law and ensures access to justice.
The Law Society is managed by a Council, assisted by a Secretariat and committees.
The purposes and powers of the Law Society are provided by, and subject to, the provisions of the Legal Profession Act.
Key statutory purposes of the Law Society include:
- Representing, protecting and assisting members of the Singapore legal profession
- Promoting the interests of the Singapore legal profession
- Maintaining and improving the standards of conduct and learning of the Singapore legal profession
- Protecting and assisting the public in Singapore in all matters relating to the law
- Establishing a scheme whereby impecunious persons on non-capital charges are represented by lawyers
For further queries, please contact:
c/o The Law Society of Singapore
Continuing Professional Development Department
39 South Bridge Road Singapore 058673
Tel: +65-6530 0225