ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
This programme will not be conducted like the usual conference or workshop that you would have attended in the past. You will not be sitting in a lecture theatre or conference room, taking notes or listening to a speaker. The programme is highly participatory where activities will be conducted using case studies and participation from attendees will be required.
As part of the programme, there is an online module – “Drafting and Negotiating Agreements” for participants to access. You will receive an email from The College of Law with the log-in details to access the online module, from 16 October to 30 October 2019. Strictly no extension is allowed.
Drafting and Negotiating Agreements
This online module will focus on key aspects of drafting and negotiating in commercial agreements. There will be an examination of a typical structure used for such agreements. Common issues arising out of cross-border practice between ASEAN+6 countries will also be examined. The following topics will be covered:
- Investigating, analysing and advising on good operating practices for the negotiation and documentation of substantive agreements, including the form of acquisition, operative provisions and execution in ASEAN+6 contexts
- Reviewing and critically examine common issues arising out of commercial agreements in ASEAN+6 contexts.
At the end of the Masterclass you will be able to:
- Review and self-assess understanding of trends and factors influencing mergers and acquisitions in ASEAN+6 contexts;
- Review and self-assess different types of transactions for structuring deals;
- demonstrate analytical, problem-solving and decision-making strategies for planning cross-border M&A deals and developing leading practices for M&A processes;
- Critically discuss methods and good operating practices for due diligence;
- Demonstrate practical, problem-solving and decision-making strategies for due diligence;
- Use advanced critical analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills to identify, manage, mitigate and advise on risks in mergers and acquisitions in ASEAN+6 contexts;
- Review and self-assess understanding of risk allocation by means of a contract in ASEAN+6 contexts;
- Review and critically discuss risk mitigation instruments in ASEAN+6 contexts;
- Review and critically discuss good operating practices for structuring acquisition of private equity and venture capital transactions in ASEAN+6 contexts;
- Use advanced critical analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills to advise regarding special situations involving the structure of transactions and essential; and documentation for transfer of private equity and venture capital in ASEAN+6 contexts;
- Review and critically discuss the tax considerations involved in private equity and venture capital transactions in the ASEAN+6 contexts.