About Makan For Hope Festival 2021
#Makanforhope Festival 2021 is a dynamic series of virtual roundtable conversations happening throughout 24 June – 30 July 2021 within the Asia tech community. Our theme for this year is "Seeding Hope for Future Generations".
We are bringing together intellectually curious and like-minded folks for the opportunity to learn from one another and benefit from peer learning. 100% of the proceeds from the event will be donated to Fei Yue, one of Singapore’s largest charity organizations. Thus this is a unique opportunity to grow yourself while giving back at the same time.
Makan For Hope is proudly brought to you by Asia Startup Network.
Background on Host
John Kim is the co-founder of Amasia, a thesis-driven venture capital firm with offices in the Bay Area and Singapore. Amasia works with founders building companies in the thesis of fighting the climate crisis and enhancing sustainability, through behaviour change.
John graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Science in Economics. He started his career as an entrepreneur, founding music internet and e-consulting businesses. He has also started a third company, a Delaware incorporated rock band called The Ally. John then spent the next 10 years managing trading and investment strategies across multiple asset classes.
Here are our Sponsors and Partners:
What does each ticket entitle you to?
1. A 90-minute intimate virtual conversation with the host, a shepherd and 9 other attendees for peer learning and networking opportunities
- There will be a cap of 12 participants in the session, including 1 host and 1 shepherd/facilitator. Thus the maximum number of attendees in the session is 10
- Participants will be joining from all over the Asian region, and will have the chance to connect more formally after each session through joining Asia Startup Network or through their own means
2. 250% tax deduction for Singapore-based attendees (only)
- The organizer of Makan For Hope (Asia Startup Network Pte. Ltd.) is authorized to collect donations on behalf of Fei Yue and will be donating 100% of the contributions to Fei Yue before the start of this event.
- To receive the Tax Deduction Receipt (TDR), you will need to fill in this form from Fei Yue (regardless of whether you paid by PayNow or Stripe card payment). Please do so after you have completed the registration process.
3. A meal e-voucher is included in the ticket price (for Singapore-based attendees only), select choice of:
- F&B Voucher valid at The Social Space, Pope Jai Thai, Foreword Coffee Roasters, Soul Food and The Social Kitchen
- F&B Voucher valid at Lina's Cafe (Halal)
4. Digital goodie bag: you enjoy a S$1,500+ worth digital goodie bag containing:
- Receive US$1,000 in AWS Cloud credits and $350 USD in Developer Support credits (Perk available for new startup only)
- Free 3 months trial (digital/ physical) subscription to A Magazine Singapore, a print and online luxury lifestyle title published by Apical Media, covering fashion, watches & jewellery, art & culture, travel, food & wine; as well as global trends to social issues
- 20% off e27 Pro Annual Membership, worth S$24, providing access to investor insights, ecosystem insights, and enhanced company visibility for your startup (e27 is a media company that provides reports and news about the Asian technology startup industry)
- Receive US$1,000 in Huawei Cloud Credits
- Receive a 15% discount from Bamboo Sea Pte Ltd on selected Accounting services for one year
- Enjoy bundle of 5 free microlearning courses (worth $80.53 SGD) on gnowbe.com!
- Receive a complimentary 30 minute Advisory or Mentorship Session with IMPACTA LAB
- Receive a 10% discount on QuickDesk's subscriptions and be equipped digitally with an all-in-one CRM and automation solution
- Manage and administer your Employee Stock Option Plan easily with 3-month trial subscription to Svested's Employee Stock Option Plan platform
- Receive a $50 discount on any spectacle frame or spectacle lenses when you book an appointment with Eyeviser's home optical services.
- Get SGD$30 off on your first Coaching & Therapy session on Mantor (for Male attendees)
- Receive a free campaign* and 35% discount on Annual Subscription on Outlined.co.
- Receive a free bundle of ZENKO Superfoods water lily pops (Worth $15)
Early Bird Tickets (before 16th June 2021) -> S$100*
Regular Tickets (from 16th June 2021 onwards) -> S$150*
Please note that if you choose to pay via Stripe, there are Stripe charges of up to $5.78 on top of the donation amount. You will be paying $155.78 instead of $150 for the ticket.