The NKF Sit-A-Thon 2019 (“Event”) organised by The National Kidney Foundation (“NKF”) is subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and by participating in the Event, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions:
1. EVENT PERIOD
The Event begins at 1200 hrs and finishes at 2000 hrs on 24 August 2019, Saturday and 25 August 2019, Sunday respectively at Our Tampines Hub (“OTH”).
- The Event is open to all members of the public and is free of charge except for the Sit-to Sweat.
- Participants who wish to register for Sit-to-Sweat session(s) must be aged 13 and above.
- A parent or guardian must consent and register for the participant if the participant is below the age of 18.
- Pre-registration for participation in the Sit-to-Sweat challenge is compulsory. A registration fee of S$10.00 (normal rate) per session is required to participate in Sit-to-Sweat. There will be no refund once payment has been made.
- Participants will have to sit on the provided stationary bicycle for 50 minutes and partake in the challenges/activity set by the designated instructor
- Participant who is unable to participate in the Sit-to-Sweat challenge may transfer the seat to their appointed representative. Please write in to NKF at email@example.com attach a copy of your confirmation slip ticket
- Registration booth will open from 1100 hrs and will be located at OTH Central Plaza
- All registrants must report to the booth at least 30 minutes before their session commences
- All registrants are to bring along their confirmation slip with the QR code
5. ACTIVITY PACK
- Only Sit-to-Sweat participants will be given an activity pack (inclusive of an event T-shirt) upon registration on the day of the Event.
- Activity pack not collected during the collection period will be forfeited, and NKF shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute the Activity pack if it deems fit .
- As stocks are limited, we are unable to change the T-shirt size for the authorised representative.
- A participant must withdraw/retire from the Event immediately if required to do so by NKF and/or any member of the official medical staff.
- NKF will not be responsible or liable for:
i. Any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to any participant resulting from their participation in the Event, howsoever caused;
ii. Any injury or death of any participant resulting from their participation in the Event, howsoever caused.
- NKF reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant that it determines to be tampering with the operation of the Event or acting in breach or potential breach of the Event’s Terms and Conditions.
- NKF reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to use the names, photographs, voice or video recording and entries of any participant without first obtaining any consent nor making any payment whatsoever to the participant for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media.
9. VARIATION TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- NKF reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to the Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time and the participants shall be bound by such changes.
- NKF further reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the Event in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
11. GOVERNING LAW
- The Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in all aspects in accordance with the laws of Singapore and all participants hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- I have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Event.
- I fully understand and acknowledge the risks involved in my participation in the Event and I accept full responsibility and assume all such risks.
- I hereby represent, warrant and undertake to NKF the following with full knowledge that they shall be relied upon in accepting my registration: -
i. My personal particulars disclosed in the registration form are accurate, full and complete;
ii. I do not have any medical condition that would affect my safety or physical well-being;
iii. I am medically and physically fit and competent to participate in the Event;
iv. I shall dutifully and fully abide by these Rules and Regulations and any applicable laws; and
v. I confirm that the representations, warranties and undertakings herein are true and accurate.
- I (including my heirs, successors and assigns) hereby state that I shall not in any way hold NKF, its officers, volunteers, staff, sponsors, officials of the Event and/or third parties liable or responsible to me for any loss, mishaps, accidents or injuries (including death) that should arise from my participating in the above-mentioned event and its related activities.
- I (including my heirs, successors and assigns) agree to hold the NKF, its officers, volunteers, staff, sponsors, officials of the Event and/or third parties (each an 'Indemnified Party') harmless and keep each Indemnified Party fully and effectively indemnified from and against any and all losses, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), claims, damage and expenses whatsoever which any of them may incur (directly or indirectly) as a result of my breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- I am agreeable to NKF or its appointed vendor for the purpose of any service related updates with regards to the Event only.
- I fully understand that the personal data collected is for the purpose of administering and running the Event, and for statistical analysis and planning purposes. I understand that I or my emergency contact/parent/guardian may be contacted for reasons related to the stated purpose, including but not limited to the clarification of registration information and the management of an emergency situation.
13. Terms and Conditions For Participants' Parents / Legal Guardian
- I acknowledge that I am the parent or legal guardian of my child/ward registering for NKF Sit-A-Thon 2019, and I have provided full legal consent for the Participant to register and participate in NKF Sit-A-Thon 2019 according to the Terms and Conditions for Participants set out above.
- I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions. I fully understand the risks involved in the above-mentioned activity and agree to abide by the rules and regulations imposed by the organiser.
- I agree to indemnify NKF against any loss, damage, costs and expense (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) incurred by us in connection with or arising out of any breach of these terms and conditions by yourself and/or the Participant.