“Event” means the event(s) which You have bought a Ticket to attend being either the Singapore Yacht Show, the Asia Pacific Yachting Conference or the Official After Party.
“Organiser” or “Us” for the Singapore Yacht Show, the Asia Pacific Yachting Conference, the Official After Party means Singapore Yacht Events Pte Ltd. It includes each respective companies’ subsidiaries, holding companies, any subsidiaries of its holding companies and its agents, contractors, sub-contractors, representatives, servants and employees.
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions.
“Venue” means the site at which the Event takes place being as follows: for The Singapore Yacht Show within ONE°15 Marina Club and Sentosa Cove; for the Asia Pacific Yachting Conference, within ONE°15 Marina Club; for the Official After Party, within W Singapore – Sentosa Cove and, in each case, or such other site on which the respective Events may take place from time to time.
“Ticket” means any valid ticket or wristband which permits You to attend each respective Event or any valid wristband for which You have exchanged Your valid ticket at the Event.
“You” means you as the holder of the Ticket and “Your” shall be read accordingly.
A. Status of these Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions incorporate, and should be read in accordance with, the terms and conditions of the authorised ticket agent from which You purchased Your Ticket, copies of which are available upon request from the relevant authorised ticket agent. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant authorised ticket agent, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
2. All Tickets are sold subject to these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to purchase and raise any queries with the Organiser prior to purchase. Purchase of any Ticket constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions on Your behalf and on behalf of any person for whom You are purchasing Tickets.
3. These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice and in our sole discretion. We will notify You of amendments to these terms and conditions by posting them to this website.
B. Tickets, Times, Refunds and Cancellation
1. Only customers holding a valid Ticket will be admitted to the Event. You must retain this Ticket on Your person at all times during the Event.
2. Your Ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced.
3. Upon purchase, please check Tickets carefully as mistakes cannot always be rectified after purchase. Tickets are not issued on a sale or return basis and refunds will not be made on returned Tickets unless provided for under these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Promoter will not be responsible for any Ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed. You are solely responsible for the safe-keeping of Your Ticket. It is not always possible to issue duplicate Tickets. If duplicates are issued, a reasonable administration fee may be charged.
5. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
6. Tickets contain QR codes and each code is unique and only allows one entry to the Event. Each ticket will be coded to ensure the relevant number of permitted entries only.
7. Ownership or possession of a Ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on You to use, alter, copy, or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the Ticket.
8. Tickets are personal revocable licences and shall at all times remain the property of the Promoter and subject to these Terms and Conditions. You may not re-sell or transfer a Ticket for commercial gain. If a Ticket is re-sold, transferred or advertised for profit or commercial gain or used for competitions, promotions or hospitality packages by anyone other than the Organiser, or an authorised sub-agent, it will be void and You will be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Venue without refund.
9. Tickets are sold subject to the Organiser’s right to alter or vary the published Event programme which may result in changes to the programme or any other aspect of the Event. The Organiser reserves all rights in this regard.
10. All advertised times are approximate and subject to change. It is Your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure that You arrive at the Venue in sufficient time in case the Event starts early.
11. In the event of a cancellation or postponement You will be entitled to a refund in accordance with the terms and conditions or refund policy of the authorised ticket agent from whom You purchased a Ticket. Where the cancellation takes place part-way through an Event, You may only be entitled to a refund of part of the face price which You paid for the Ticket.
12. It is Your responsibility to check that the Event has not been cancelled or postponed. Information on such matters will be made available on behalf of the Organiser as soon as reasonably practicable on the Organiser’s website and/or at the Venue. Customers are advised that the website cannot always be updated immediately and that circumstances giving rise to cancellation or postponement can sometimes arise immediately prior to an Event.
13. Tickets will not be refunded where they have been used to gain entry to the Event, or where You are able to and choose to attend a postponed Event.
C. Unauthorised Ticket Agents and Touting
1. Tickets bought from unauthorised agents are not valid and admission will not be granted to the Event with any Ticket bought from unauthorised agents. To be as safe as You can and to avoid obtaining an unauthorised ticket, follow these simple guidelines. Please note that these guidelines are not intended to be an exhaustive list of precautions which You should take to avoid obtaining an unauthorised Ticket.
· Do not buy from an unofficial ticket agent. Eventnook is sole official ticket agent of the Events. Do not buy from internet auction sites or exchange/buy tickets on social networking sites such as Facebook.
· Do not buy from another individual or tout, either in advance of, or outside, the Event.
2. If we are aware that You have bought Tickets anywhere other than from official authorised outlets You will not be granted access to the Event. Tickets are non-transferable, which means that once purchased You cannot sell them on to others. The Organiser will be unable to assist You if You have bought from an unauthorised source, as we will have no purchase history available for the Ticket.
3. If You do encounter problems contact Your credit card issuer as soon as possible, also contact Your local trading standards office, and, if You believe a criminal offence has taken place, the police.
4. Occasionally due to genuine circumstances You may find Yourself with a spare Ticket. Please do not be tempted to sell it on an unauthorised auction site or to sell to a Ticket tout or unauthorised online agency. If You do the Purchaser may not be able to enter the Event (under the Terms and Conditions) for the reasons set out above. Should this happen You may find that the purchaser brings a legal claim against You for selling a Ticket which does not permit access to the Event.
5. We reserve the right to cancel any Ticket booking which we reasonably believe to have been made with a view to resell such Tickets or where the Ticket has been purchased using fraudulent means, such as credit card fraud.
6. Tickets obtained in breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be null and void and the Organiser may refuse admission to, or eject You from, the Venue. Any person seeking to use a void Ticket in order to gain or provide entry to an Event will be considered to be a trespasser and will be ejected and liable to legal action. Void Tickets are non-refundable.
D. Age Restrictions
Singapore Yacht Show
1. Children under 12 are permitted to enter the Event free of charge. However, proof of identity and age must be provided on request at the admissions gate of the Venue. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission if its staff or agents are in any doubt whatsoever as to the age of the person being presented as being under 12. A maximum of 4 under 12s per adult will be allowed entry and all children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
The Official After Party
1. In order to attend the Official After Party, You must be at least 18 years of age – proof of identity and age must be provided in order to obtain Your wristband.
1. It is Your responsibility to check the suitability of the Event for any children in Your party regardless of official age restrictions. This includes considering the type of audience the Event is likely to attract and the on-water walkways in the marina, and whether such an audience or such a venue is a suitable environment for any children in Your party. Refunds will not be issued if any aspect of the Event, including the behaviour of other audience members, causes offence to You or any children on whose behalf You have purchased Tickets. You and any children in Your party enter the Event entirely at your own risk and peril.
E. The Event
1. The Event is subject to licence.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse You entry to and/or eject You from the Event. In particular but without limitation You may be refused admission to or removed from the Event for any of the following reasons: for health and safety or licensing reasons; if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event; if You use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, You are acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs; if You fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age; if You refuse to comply with the Organiser’s security searches; if You breach these Terms; and/or if Your Ticket is void.
3. If before or during the Event You have a complaint in relation to the Event (including without limitation in relation to Your ability to view the Event), please contact the Organiser or a steward promptly since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the Event.
4. The Events operate licensed bars and You need to be over the age of 18 to purchase alcohol at the Events. Please be aware that if we think that You look 25 years or younger You may be asked to provide proof of identification and if You are unable to do so You will not be served alcohol.
5. By attending the Event, You give Your express consent to Your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, the copyright to which shall be owned by the Organiser or its contractors without payment or compensation. If You attend an Event with Your child aged under 18 years You give the foregoing Your express consent on their behalf. This includes filming by the police or security staff that may be carried out for the security of customers.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to conduct security searches and confiscate any item which in the opinion of the Organiser may cause danger or disruption, be a health and safety risk, not be suitable to be taken into the Event or is one of the items not permitted in the Venue as detailed in these Terms and Conditions. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances or contraband goods will be refused admission to or ejected from the Venue and may also be liable for prosecution. Any items found that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner will be confiscated, regardless of whether or not the item itself is illegal.
7. You shall not bring all or any of the following into the Venue: fireworks, laser pens, laser equipment, animals (except assistance dogs), Your own food and drink, bottles, cans or glass containers, or any item which the Organiser considers could be used as a weapon (including sharp or pointed objects such as knives), items with an open flame (e.g. candles, barbeques gas/paraffin lamps, sky lanterns, camp fires, gas fires etc) for all Events and illegal substances. The Organiser shall be entitled to confiscate any merchandise purchased outside the Venue.
8. There will be no admission to the Event before the designated opening times on any day of the Event.
9. You must comply with any and all instructions given to You by the Organiser and/or all Venue stewards and staff at the Event.
10. All guests are asked to observe and comply with safety advice, site signage and ‘No Smoking’ areas. In accordance with Smoke-Free Regulations, the tented arenas and other areas of the Event are designated ‘No Smoking’ areas. Normal statutory rules and regulations apply and should be observed at the Event and failure to do so may result in ejection from the Event.
11. You shall not bring into the Venue or display or distribute (whether for free or not) at the Event any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials.
12. The Events are about entertainment and the freedom for all to enjoy it. Anti-social behaviour and illegal activities, including use, supply and possession of illegal substances will not be tolerated and You will be ejected from the Venue without refund.
13. To the extent permitted by law and with Your consent, personal information provided by You to the Organiser will be used for all purposes reasonably connected with the operations of the Event and the Organiser including (but not limited to): providing You with details of forthcoming connected events, offers and services; providing You with updates as to the latest concessions or any changes thereto and information concerning competitions and other promotional activity; supplying You with the goods that You request or in which the Organiser reasonably believes You may be interested; conducting market research and establishing customer profiles; and transferring or disclosing the information provided to the Organiser’s professional advisors and such other parties as it considers necessary in the administration of its business. The Organiser will not use or disclose Your personal information other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions without Your prior consent. If You have any queries about this, please write to Singapore Yacht Events, 11 Cove Drive Singapore S098497. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from such marketing communications when You place Your order and You can unsubscribe from any email communications You receive from the Promoter by following the unsubscribe link.
14. Access to each venue is subject to capacity and the Organiser accepts no liability and will not offer any Ticket refunds if You are unable to attend a specific performance or event due to the venue being at maximum capacity. You may be required to queue so please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
F. Specific Requirements for Access
1. The Organiser takes the needs of customers who are disabled or who have other access requirements very seriously and actively encourages people of all abilities to attend the Event.
1. You agree that the Organiser, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused (including by the Organiser or its servants or agents): (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by the Organiser or any of its servants or agents; (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury as a result of a breach of a legal duty of care owed by the Promoter, its servants or agents); and/or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from the breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions.
2. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond the Organiser’s control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments. The Promoter will not be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
3. You agree that the Organiser shall not be liable to You for any indirect or consequential costs, claims, actual or alleged losses howsoever arising out of or in connection with the Event and/or our obligations hereunder including, but not limited to, loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity, or loss of publicity or loss of reputation, or opportunity to enhance reputation, or loss of contract or other economic or consequential loss arising from the performance (or any failure to perform) these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Organiser will not have any liability to You whatsoever for loss or expenses incurred in connection with the Event or any cancellation of the Event, including, without limitation, any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the Event or the cancellation of the Event.
1. To the fullest extent permissible in law, the Organiser shall be entitled to assign all and any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, provided that Your rights are not adversely affected.
2. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Terms and Conditions valid or enforceable.
3. If the Organiser delays or fails to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions it shall not mean that the Promoter has waived its right to do so.
4. Any person, other than the Promoter, who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights.
5. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and no action taken by You or the Organiser under these Terms and Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between You and the Organiser.
6. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection with the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between You and the Organiser relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
7. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall purport to exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
8. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.