No. of Public CPD Points: 2.0
Practice Area: Real Estate
Training Level: General
About the Programme
With the implementation of Additional Conveyance Duties (ACD) in 2017, there have been growing interest on the stamp duty treatment for share transfers and ACD. It is important for us to be equipped and adept in the knowledge and understanding of stamp duty treatment in this area, in order to correctly advise our clients in navigating the complexities of such transactions in a compliant manner.
1) Understanding share duty
- Overview of share duty
- Common share acquisitions
- Determining the value of the shares transferred
- Share duty calculation
- Common mistakes / lapses relating to share duty
2) Understanding Additional Conveyance Duties (ACD)
- Overview of ACD
- How ACD works
- Acquisition / disposal of equity interests
- Is the entity a PHE
- Associates of the transferor / transferee
- Significant ownership threshold
- Application of the ACD rates
- Other arrangements chargeable with ACD
- ACD remissions
- Frequently asked questions on ACD
Learning Objectives / Outcome
- This course will clarify and deepen conveyancing professionals’ knowledge of stamp duty rules and treatment relating to share duty and ACD. It aims to equip conveyance professionals with practical and applicable stamp duty knowledge in these areas so that that they can advise their clients more effectively.
- The course will also highlight common industry mistakes / lapses encountered by IRAS when dealing with cases involving share duty and ACD and promote greater awareness.
- This course will be conducted through varied in-depth case study presentations to reinforce participants’ understanding of stamp duty treatment.
- Penny Khoo – Principal Tax officer (IRAS – Valuation & Stamp Duty Branch)
- Chang Lih Ning – Principal Tax officer (IRAS – Valuation & Stamp Duty Branch)
- Lee Liat Yeang - Senior Partner, Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP
For more information, please click here for the publicity brochure.
For other CPD events, please visit the LawSoc CPD Portal.