The Law Society of Singapore has partnered with LawVision LLC to extend the following 2 legal project management (LPM) e-learning programmes.
1. LPMAware™ (approximately 40 minutes)
LPMAware™ introduces the essential elements of LPM, providing legal professionals with a better understanding of how to integrate project management principles, skills, processes and behaviours into their management of legal matters on a day-to-day basis. The program provides an introduction to project management terminology and approaches used in the legal industry, giving professional staff the tools to communicate in a language that clients use in their businesses. It is designed around the key elements of LPM, not around a specific LPM framework. As such, it can be incorporated into any framework, whether your organization has one or not. It is intended to give all learners a baseline understanding of the key elements of legal project management. At the end of the program, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
LPMAware™ Learning outcomes:
- Introduction to the essential elements of LPM
- Enhanced understanding of how to integrate project management principles, skills, processes and behaviors into the management of legal matters
- Greater awareness of LPM terminology and approaches
2. LPMLaunchPad™ (approximately 3 hours)
Applicable for 3 Private CPD points
LPMLaunchPad™ provides a simple, yet powerful framework for applying LPM techniques and approaches to your legal matters immediately and building more effective budgets. You learn using a case study based on actual legal matters.
- An understanding of all of the key legal project management concepts and how to talk to your clients credibly about them;
- Examples of how legal departments and law firms are implementing LPM for different types of practice areas;
- A skills-based approach to learning the fundamental LPM techniques such as stakeholder analysis, scoping of work, project plans and budgets, managing scope changes and conducting end-of-matter debriefs;
The primary elements of the programme include:
- Upfront discussion of client’s objectives/expectations – including ensuring the firm and client are on the “same page” and that all members of the legal team understand these;
- Understanding the key decision-makers in the client who can affect the legal outcomes and success of a matter;
- Detailed “scoping” of work
- Breaking down the work into component parts to develop more accurate budgets and to be able to manage the work and the legal team efficiently and effectively;
- Understanding how budgets are developed
- More active management of the matter throughout, including task assignment and monitoring assignment completion;
- Dealing with scope changes throughout a matter; and
- End of matter debriefing/lessons learned.
Upon completion of the online e-learning portion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from The Law Society of Singapore.
For LPMLaunchPad™ only, please note that:
- There is an additional fee should you request for certification from LawVision and choose to submit the final project. For more details on full certification, please contact Christine <email@example.com>.
- Participants who complete the LPMLaunchPad™ online learning programme in full (i.e. achieve a 100% score on the Course Progress marker on the Progress tab in the system) may obtain 3 Private CPD Points for the CPD Year in which they completed the programme, and may update their ePortfolio records (accessible at https://www.silecpdcentre.sg/Login/) with the points obtained upon completion of the programme.
On-demand e-Learning Details:
120-day access period (from day of registration confirmation) or until 30 December 2021, whichever is earlier.
The course teachers are:
- Susan Raridon Lambreth – Principal with LawVision and the founder of the LPM Institute.
- Carla Landry – Senior Consultant with LawVision